In order to begin using your shared contacts for Gmail, you must learn about how you can add the contacts to your email address. Most people have doubts regarding this and that is why we have enlisted down the steps as to how one can add the contacts in his Gmail account.
Steps to add Gmail contacts to your email address:
Next time when you exchange emails in your Gmail account, remember to take few minutes and add the sender’s details in your Google contacts. This will turn out to be very fruitful especially in those times when you are required to send an email immediately. Therefore, we have enlisted down the ways as to how it can be done by knowing how to share google contacts with other gmail and gsuite users. Just abide by the steps one by one:
- You are required to open the message that you have received from the sender whose name you want to add in your personal Google address book.
- Take your cursor over the name of the sender which is basically located at the top of the email.
- Click on the “Add to Contacts” option that pop-ups on the screen.
- If you want to add more information about that particular sender, then click on the Edit Contact option. Here, you will be required to enter certain details of the sender like his name or any other kind of information that you have in mind for that particular individual. Also, it is not necessary to fill in every blank space. You can also edit the details later.
- After adding every sort of information about the sender, you are then required to Save it. In some cases, Google automatically saves the contact.
Note to remember: Whenever you write a letter in the respective To field while composing a new email, it must be remembered that Google automatically fills the field. This is done by Google by referring to the contacts that you already have in your Contact list. This is an interesting thing as you won’t have to look for the address in the whole contact list manually. But, in case if you haven’t saved the address, then this action of Google is hindered.
What can one do with the Google Contacts?
After you are done adding the contacts, you can do several things with it. Like:
- You can create several contacts and contact groups.
- You can create several email contacts and contact groups.
- You can even organise the contacts.
In organising the contacts, you can either
- Star mark them: This can be done long-pressing the contact and then starring it by clicking on the star icon.
- Edit them: This can be done by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Hiding or deleting them: You can hide the contacts by clicking on the “Down arrow in a box” icon. For deleting the contacts, click on the dustbin icon.
- Merging them: Duplicate contacts can be merged. For this, tap on the Duplicates option which is in the form of two pages one over the other.
For more Gmail Shared Contacts chrome extension you can visit here.